hello fellow tradesfolk | The Welcome Wagon :) | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss hello fellow tradesfolk in the The Welcome Wagon :) area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

jammydodger

Gas Engineer
hi peeps this is my first ever thread ever wow pressure .i read some of ya forums n found sum interesting stuff?sum borin lol. anyways a guy from gs technical told me its ok to have flexible connection on a hob? is he right? is it just flued appliances that have to have rigid pipe connection? no mi n it was'nt a braided tap connector.

Welcome to Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice | Plumbers Forums | A forum for plumbers advice in the UK!

Hi jammydodger and welcome to UKPlumbersForums.co.uk!

Hi jammydodger

Welcome to the forums

Answer to your question....No

If the hob it set into a normal fixed worktop then it should have rigid pipework connecting to it with a gas isolation valve and you are not allowed to fit a flexible gas/cooker hose to it and gas safe would not say you could

As for the braided tap connector.... yeh...... right

hi peeps this is my first ever thread ever wow pressure .i read some of ya forums n found sum interesting stuff?sum borin lol. anyways a guy from gs technical told me its ok to have flexible connection on a hob? is he right? is it just flued appliances that have to have rigid pipe connection? no mi n it was'nt a braided tap connector.

was this gas safe techie on the good stuff? no way can you have a flexible connection on a hob rigid pipework only

Hobs can be fitted in with a cooker hose if it is approved by the manufacturer.

A hose cannot be fitted however where an oven is fitted below the hob. It must be rigid piped
The hose must not be fitted where it may be subject to temperature exceeding 70 deg, or be subject to abrasion (from drawers etc).

Although it may be allowed it is certainly not good practice and remember the cooker hose must be fitted to the hose manufactures instructions ie hang down in a U shape.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

All good.
Replies
Views
Back