Hello Fellows | The Welcome Wagon :) | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Hello Fellows in the The Welcome Wagon :) area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

oz-plumber

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
Hi All, I am a Plumber from Australia and thought I should register and become part of the greater Plumbing World. I find some of the topics very interesting and many of the issues relating to our trade the same.

G'day mate, welcome to the forum. Indeed, this is a place where you will discover lots of interesting threads. And also the place that will cause friction in your marriage. If, like me, you spend a lot of time on here. It is quite addictive. it is the best place to learn anything about plumbing, if you ask me. And all on here are so helpful. Just ask a question, sit back, with a can of fosters, read another post, and wait for the replies. enjoy

Hi All, I am a Plumber from Australia and thought I should register and become part of the greater Plumbing World. I find some of the topics very interesting and many of the issues relating to our trade the same.
Hi & welcome along.
Where are you based ? What work do you do ? (what tickets do you hold) Can you soft solder ? Sorry just thought I would get a few of my own questions in, if you did not mind, before you ask some. Thanks CW

Hi Guys,

I based in Victoria. In regards to my tickets I hold tickets in all classes. Plumbing, Gasfitting, Mechanical Services, Roofing.
I have also a couple of specialized tickets also.

We don't use soft solder over here. We use silver solder that needs oxy/acetylene or oxy/LPG to melt.

I think it is a misconception of the rest of the world that all aussies drink Fosters. I personally don't and I don't think I know anyone who does. ( Fact ).

Thanks for the advice, I will sit back and relax and read post and reply to them when I can.

Cheers

You must be one of em funny fellows who drink XXXX then. LOL

Had a guy in from Sydney who teaches plumbing, who still show them how to soft solder he said they still use it outback.

Last edited:
XXXX beer......I just about gagged.

Maybe in New South Wales they use soft solder. Here in Victoria we don't use it at all.

No fosters no 4 x.....

Might i suggest coopers?:)

Welcome to the forum my antipodean pal:):beer:

Coopers would have to be my downfall.

It is 'Nectar of the Gods'

Cooper Sparkling Ale would have to be the beer that God created the earth for.
I sure, on the Seventh Day, God relaxed after all his hard efforts and had a dozen Coopers Sparkling Ales.

I'm not God, but after my herculean day, I am resting having a Coopers or 4.

Oz-Plumber

Sparkling ale? You girl! Do you have a cherry and an umbrella in it too?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Hello thanks for your post and joining the...
Replies
Views
  • Article
Plumbing Advice, by Country Professional...
Replies
Views
D
  • Question
Noisy Tap - Replace Breach??? Sounds like you...
Replies
Views
P
Tricky situation for you. Boiler shouldn't...
Replies
Views
  • Question
does a standard tap refurb kit fit? they come...
Replies
Views
Back