Hello friends! | The Welcome Wagon :) | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Hello friends! in the The Welcome Wagon :) area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

bashmaystor

Gas Engineer
And I have a Q straight away! :)
By Law the gas supplier must maintain a safe minimum pressure of how many millibars?

Welcome to Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice | Plumbers Forums | A forum for plumbers advice in the UK!

Hello bashmaystor, welcome aboard www.UKPlumbersForums.co.uk. Stick around, I'm sure you'll like the place. :)

And I have a Q straight away! :)
By Law the gas supplier must maintain a safe minimum pressure of how many millibars?

Hi Bash

Take it ,this is a college question, we are not keen just giving answers as defeats the object of you studying and revising

Post what you think and we can discuss from there

Or play higher or lower :D

imho

Hi Bash

Take it ,this is a college question, we are not keen just giving answers as defeats the object of you studying and revising

Post what you think and we can discuss from there

Or play higher or lower :D

imho

Fair enough! :D Everywhere I have read, I found that people say: the pressure should be 21millibar at the meter and 20millibar on the inlet test point to each appliance. But on my questions paper there are 4 possible answers (it's a multiple choice test) and non of them is saying 20millibar. The answers I got here are A.16mb; B.12,5mb; C.10mb; D.8mb, so I am stuck.. Don't tell me the answer, just tell me if the answer is actually in the possible answers I wrote, so I can keep reading until I find the right one.

Vin

Last edited:
Fair enough! :D Everywhere I have read, I found that people say: the pressure should be 21millibar at the meter and 20millibar on the inlet test point to each appliance. But on my questions paper there are 4 possible answers (it's a multiple choice test) and non of them is saying 20millibar. The answers I got here are A.16mb; B.12,5mb; C.10mb; D.8mb, so I am stuck.. Don't tell me the answer, just tell me if the answer is actually in the possible answers I wrote, so I can keep reading until I find the right one.

Vin

i thought it was 14mb, so i better go and read my books as well

welcome vin mate - this is a great place to be, youll learn loads here! ......believe! - good luck at college , with your exams mate- moore

well actually the min pressure at the meter should be between 19-23mb but will full output through the meter this can fall i blve without checking to 15mb this is the absoulte min operating pressure at the meter buts allways check mi for pressure at appliance

well actually the min pressure at the meter should be between 19-23mb but will full output through the meter this can fall i blve without checking to 15mb this is the absoulte min operating pressure at the meter buts allways check mi for pressure at appliance

I found the answer in one of my study books, it states: "On the safety side, British Gas Transco is required by statute to maintain a safe minimum pressure of 12.5 mbar (5 in wg) in the mains at all times."
So really, so far I have seen a lot of different answers to this question and I'm beginning to wonder if there is somewhere, where I can find the right answer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

More than fine then in 11/5 tube should be...
Replies
Views
Ignore that air pressure sensor 🤦‍♂️
Replies
Views
Cadent can only guarantee 14mbar in periods of...
Replies
Views
Exactly and I bet they will say it’s not...
Replies
Views
D
Although, I believe, fitting your own boiler –...
Replies
Views
Back