Hello from an amateur (keen to learn). | The Welcome Wagon :) | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

• Thread starter zippy4X4
  • Start date
  • Replies 8
  • Views 1K

Discuss Hello from an amateur (keen to learn). in the The Welcome Wagon :) area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
Z

zippy4X4

Just a note of introduction.
I am currently renovating the bathroom / toilet of a Victorian house. Bathroom and toilet were both added to the house around 1938 (found old newspapers dated 1938 stuffed in the windows to keep out the draughts). I am converting the two small adjoining rooms into one, hopefully more useful, combined bathroom / toilet.
I currently have everything back to the bare stone walls and am fitting new joists for the floor support. Wiring for new lighting has been put in place and the next job is to run the waste pipes and WC to the external drains. Original waste water went through the wall via a cast outlet to a ground level hopper that it shared with the rainwater downpipe. I now plan to put both below ground to join a replacement ground level hopper (the original was cast iron and largely broken).
Next challenge is to core drill the walls for the waste water, WC outlets, and fan. The walls are about 350mm thick sandstone and I am not looking forward to that too much. Also breaking in to the existing clay drains should be interesting.
I stumbled upon the forum by searching for the answers to some questions and though I have just joined, I did get answers by scanning the forum. Thanks for that and I am sure more to come.
Jim

:welcome2: Jim ... I stumbled across it and don't know how to get out!! lol

Steve,
Thanks. I suspect I will have a similar fate; but look forward to it.
Jim

Thanks. I'll probably need more than my share of luck but now that construction is starting it feels more positive.
Jim

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Well persevered, it is always worth the extra...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Good idea. Whenever I am doing work or more...
Replies
Views
Use a spirit-level to check that the pan has...
Replies
Views
C
Ok, plumber has taken a look and suspects a...
Replies
Views
cool_dude_2000
C
C
no not sarcastic at all
Replies
Views
PlumbBobBob
P
Back