Hello from Ireland...solid fuel+oil combo being installed, please help! | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Hello from Ireland...solid fuel+oil combo being installed, please help! in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

nicola

Myself and my beau are buying a solid fuel stove/range with back-boiler to install in our cottage. We currently have an oil fired central heating system, so we are planing to link in with that.

Money is tight and we are both interested in plumbing so we're hoping to do the installation ourselves...besides, it's been impossible to find a plumber who can/wants to install a range in an old house -they all run screaming from the prospect of boring through 2ft walls and crawling through narrow attic spaces...so it looks like it's up to us!

We have about 2 months before we can get the stove/range, so we're hoping to learn as much as we can about what we need to do in that time...i'm a sculptor so i'm fairly technically minded - but I don't profess to have too much prior knowledge about plumbing...which is why I'm here and would really appreciate any pointers and guidance on offer!!! Cheers.

Welcome to Plumbing Forum | Plumbing Advice | Plumbers Forums | A forum for plumbers advice in the UK!

Welcome to UKPlumbersForums.co.uk nicola. Thanks for introducing yourself.

Nicola,

Have a look at this link, it might help you

[DLMURL="http://www.dunsleyheat.co.uk/linkupsys.htm"]dunsleyheat uk manufacturers of multifuel stoves, range cookers, boilers...[/DLMURL]

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

C
If you know what size boiler heated a...
Replies
Views
Norcs
N
K
Hello, Looking for some advice on a solid...
Replies
Views
Kenny.5
K
Hi First thread so hopefully I am in the...
Replies
Views
U
Please register with us to receive an answer...
Replies
Views
Dotty
D
H
Yea I know where you are coming from but...
Replies
Views
H150GTT
H
Back