Hello, looking for a career change, advice please | The Welcome Wagon :) | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

• Thread starter johntarchitect
  • Start date
  • Replies 6
  • Views 1K

Discuss Hello, looking for a career change, advice please in the The Welcome Wagon :) area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

johntarchitect

Hi all, I'm John and I'm an architect who is wanting to switch to plumbing.

I have a good friend who is an excellent plumber and he suggested I should try find an apprenticeship. Just looking for any advice on companies in and around Glasgow/Central belt Scotland that are more likely to take on a 30yr old.

I'm very practical (even for an architect!) and I've already helped my friend rough out a central heating system, and this weekend I installed 12 radiators while he fitted 2 boilers - so I'm getting some experience in advance.

Hello to you all anyway, and if anyone sees this and has any advice please do get in touch!

J

Hello John and welcome to the forum's hope you find the info you seek ...good that you have a pal to help you gain some experience.... regards Turnpin:welcome:

That's quite a career change, but you can't put a price on enjoying your work. Welcome to the forum and best of luck.

WHY ? would have thought that you would have better prospects doing what you are ! I've been in this trade since the 60s and believe me if I had my time over again this would be my last choice for a job, what have you got to look forward to other than bad health, poor working conditions, and people trying to screw you over, if your happy to put up with that then go for it, got to be better things you could try.

WHY ? would have thought that you would have better prospects doing what you are ! I've been in this trade since the 60s and believe me if I had my time over again this would be my last choice for a job, what have you got to look forward to other than bad health, poor working conditions, and people trying to screw you over, if your happy to put up with that then go for it, got to be better things you could try.

must be the devon air.............. 2 similar folk falling apart

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Sounds like he was in too deep. At least he...
Replies
Views
If you're dealing with a vulnerable person...
Replies
Views
It doesn’t look like the internal pipe has...
Replies
Views
Should have it done in a day. If you’re a bit...
Replies
Views
Only level 3 available. I understand where...
Replies
Views
Back