Hello, new member, question regarding unvented cylinder installation | The Welcome Wagon :) | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Hello, new member, question regarding unvented cylinder installation in the The Welcome Wagon :) area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Darren

Hi

I have recently had a unvented cylinder installed. The old water tank has been replaced with this system at a cost of £2500. Does that sound reasonable?

Thanks

Darren

sorry its way too hard to say without knowing the full scope of work

Welcome to the forum Darren :)

Too hard to say, need some more info.

What's making you ask the question ?

Welcome!

Thanks for your responses everybody.
I know it's after the event I just wanted to know if I was paying a fair price.
We had 2 old water tanks replaced with this new system that has markedly improved the pressure and regulation of temperature.
It's a tempest cylinder.

Darren , we would still need more info mate , where is the cylinder sited ? Size of cylinder ? Major pipework changes ? Etc etc I could go on , sorry

it sounds like a fair bit of work, also depends on where in the country you are as to what you'll pay.

If it's only water tanks out and cylinder in then somebody has had your eyes out. Did they wear a mask ?

Ok it's positioned in the airing cupboard where the old immersion tank was. Next to the main bathroom, we are having 3 bathrooms redone so there is pipe work for that but it's on a separate quote. He spent at least a couple of days disconnecting the old water tank in the loft

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    680.2 KB · Views: 23
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    723.6 KB · Views: 23
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    928.9 KB · Views: 24
Can you do a few more photo's some of the left hand pipework and more on the top. There are a few issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Ya, they said the fact the anti-vibration...
Replies
Views
S
  • Question
Many thanks, Ben-gee - that's very useful...
Replies
Views
Steveo111
S
Replies
Views
Or elec bills as it would be running...
Replies
Views
T
Get an acv cylinder. Great for boiler and work...
Replies
Views
Back