Hello to all | The Welcome Wagon :) | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

• Thread starter delboys2
  • Start date
  • Replies 15
  • Views 2K

Discuss Hello to all in the The Welcome Wagon :) area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

delboys2

Hi,
Just like to say hello, I'm a sparky been i the trade for 43 yrs, Hope to find some usefull information here that might help me solve a problem.:rolleyes:

Hi delboys2 glad to see there more people around my age

Hello Del, welcome to the forum

hope you find the info you require

Hi,

Thanks for the warm welcome, there is a problem , customer has a glow-worm fuelsaver 50 b Mk11 41 313 74 . We have been to sort a problem out a while ago , it was a micro switch sticking in one of the valves ,the central heating valve , job done.But now after the boiler has shut down it starts up again on it's own and runs and according to the customer, you hear it kettling until it shuts off on the high limit stat, the pump is not running ence the kettling. So at the moment that is the basis of the problem, boiler starts up after it has shut down , this is after the timed period has elapsed and runs no pump and kettles. Must go and have a poke about.

Delboys2

Hello Delboys2 and welcome wonder if boiler requires pump over run? one of the gsr may confirm..:)regards turnpin

you must still be getting a live feed from the motorised valve which is not disconnecting when the motor closes, had similar where the valve actually closed but the switch did not clear and the boiler continued to run despite motorised valve being closed.I take it you only replaced the micro switch and not the whole valve body,

Hi stani,
Both valve head units have been replaced in the last 6 mths. Boiler has pump over run which normally runs ok when the boiler shuts down but doen't run when problem occures.Must ask more questions like how long it is after the boiler has shut down, point taken about micro switches could be another faulty switch.

thanks for reply

ps . should I be posting this in the main forum ?

Heating controls wired up incorrectly. Y Plan or S Plan?

Hi ,

It's an 'S' plan, can get to the controlle box but not the boiler connections as a bright kitchen fitter has built a cupboard around it ,so carn't get in to the boiler connections, but take your point.

thanks

delboys2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

• Article
Hello from Hampshire and starting bathroom...
Replies
Views
Hello thanks for your post and joining the...
Replies
Views
Sometimes the connection point of the cylinder...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi Welcome to the forum! Are you working on...
Replies
Views
R
Hi, I have boiler Vaillant VUW SOE 242_2-3 R2...
Replies
Views
Revlyne
R
Back