hello | The Welcome Wagon :) | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

• Thread starter mazz
  • Start date
  • Replies 3
  • Views 1K

Discuss hello in the The Welcome Wagon :) area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

mazz

first post here,
seeking advice im 46 have 25 yrs in building trade (mainly joinery),unemployed now, recently i've signed up for (1 gas foundation certificate) leading to A.C.S , but 2 things worrying me first from what ive read up on this requires a good level of maths
(mines quite poor) although ave other skills, the other thing is the
course requires working a day or 2 with a registered plumber, im aware that things are pretty slack across all trades at present so
any advice welcome thanks.
based ; ashton-under-lyne tameside

Hi welcome Mazz,
I'm pretty new myself, but I think you will need to do the C&G 6129 and NVQlevel 3 as well as the ACS if you want to go down the gas route (unless you have these already?). I go to NTPS Training Ltd based near you, Talbot Road, Newton (do you know it?), they are pretty helpfull if you want to ask anyone local. I'm 41 so it is a late change for me too! Certainly for the C&G 6129 level 2 that I'm doing there is maths involved, but it is fairly hands on practical stuff which as a joiner you would be fine with. Not sure about the gas - I'm a way off that, but hope to do it soon!

Hope that helps a bit.

thanks,marco
i'll check out the NTPS website seems to me that theres a lot more
to this than they told us at the intro at college , other than domestic plumbing i dont have much experience in this field , i'll do more
research into it,
yep i know talbot rd, use to live there , thanks again

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

P
Mr Speaker: I'm tempted to draught a sarcastic...
Replies
Views
From this post, I think you’ve got a good...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Yes, The size of the external expansion...
Replies
Views
Back