Hello | The Welcome Wagon :) | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

• Thread starter Audrey Duffield
  • Start date
  • Replies 8
  • Views 984

Discuss Hello in the The Welcome Wagon :) area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
A

Audrey Duffield

Newbie getting advice as like to save money especially when you get you boiler fitted by BG and they put a copper fitting on the overflow when it clearly says in instruction manual only to fit plastic as fluid is acidic (wonders why my boiler was leaking fluid) so will plow my way thru forums looking at things first before deciding i cant do something and getting people in at least with looking up you get a rough idea what you are looking at and so cant be conned as much info is power

Overflow??
safetey vent - terminates to outside -should be copper.
condensate line- terminates in a waste pipe, soil pipe or outside to gulley- should be plastic

Welcome along - we won't all try to con you honest!!

Welcome Audrey and yes an overflow (condensate) shouldnt have copper but like AP says your maybe mixing up between the blow off and the condensate,, Blow off or pressure relief should be 15mm copper and a downward terminated pipe externally commonly directly below horizontal flue, and the condensate should be plastic terminated internally preffered or externally into drain or soakaway, if you are right then quiet unusual as alot of BG jobs (near us anyway) are usually checked over by area manager, but get them straight back to fix as no excuse,,

Welcome Audrey sound advice always available here........regards Turnpin:punk:

Power to the people I say.
Any confusion then a photo or two always helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Alpha 2/3 manual. Shows variant with air...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Thanks Chuck. The cylinder was supplied by BG...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Yours is an old fotic cylinder, Thermal store...
Replies
Views
No they just do the address, thank goodness...
Replies
Views
You'd have to have gas meter removed if you...
Replies
Views
Back