HELP B&Q Rosalind Toilet Help | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss HELP B&Q Rosalind Toilet Help in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Charence

Hi, Can anyone offer any advice, I have had a Rosalind toilet for 5 years without problem. Last week it suddenly started filling very slowly, I thought the ball would have stuck! I tried to check, however, I cannot get at the cistern! I managed to unscrew the flush mechanism and tried to carry out some keyhole surgery, but could not even see anything that looked like a ball.

I cannot get the cover off and don't know how to remove it, even then what would the cause of the problem be? Any help and advice greatfully recieved

I have my fingers crossed someone has seen this before, or having recently installed one can help.

Many thanks in advance,
Charence

Probably a siamp fill valve, diaphragm will be split, easier to swap for a decent fill valve.

Hi Clarence and welcome to the forums. Is the problem that the cistern is filling very slowly or is it not flushing properly? If it's not filling properly then the problem could be the fill valve. This is connected by a 15mm cold water pipe going into the cistern. However if the fill valve is working ok, but the cistern is filling slowly, then it could be the sealing washer on the FLUSH valve (the one connected to the silver button)and this is allowing water to drain into the toilet pan.

Many thanks. Any ideas how I get into it? The cistern fills slowly until full then stops, it can still be flushed ok. I need to take the cover off, however, don't have the first idea how to take it off. It feels solid and appears to be attached somehow to the base, any suggestions?

Thanks, not sure what that means or how I fix it, is it something I can do myself, or will I need support?

Thanks again.

The push button on top may either screw off or very carefully prise the two push buttons up and there'll be a screw underneath.

Unfortunately bought a similar one recently - proviso, it may not be the same mechanism BUT
The lid is "locked" into place from underneath. You need to isolate and remove the cistern. the mechanism will come loose through the main hole where the donut is and you can do what you wish.
I think it is designed to stop people messing but it will be very frustrating when i need to fix it

Many thanks will try to get it apart, and then will prob return for more advice.

Thanks to all for offering much needed advice and support. Thanks again

Hi Charence

I have exactly the same problem with this loo filling very slowly but flushing ok once full. I have found that turning the mains water off - we have a little screw on our inlet pipe to the loo so it's easy for us - and then quickly back on again will cause the loo to fill up normally (most times anyway!). This has led me to believe it could be the fill value not working correctly as suggested by SimonG. Popping off to our local plumbing supplies tomorrow to see if I can get one. By the way - to remove the cover you simply unscrew the complete flush button assembly on top of the cistern. Press down on the silver ring surrounding the buttons and turn anticlockwise. Remove the button assembly when unscrewed and lift the cistern cover off. Make sure you have a good grip as it is very heavy.

Funnily enough mine is about five years old as well. Must be a built in redundancy :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Just to finish things off - the new fill valve worked great. Everything back to normal. Only cost £4.13 for the valve.

Hi andyplumber2009.

Yes. the push button mechanisms (the lever arms and such) are located within the cistern. As mentioned in my previous post you have to remove the silver buttons themselves by pressing down on the silver surrounding ring to gain some purchase and then turn anticlockwise. There is quite a lengthy screw thread so keep turning until you can remove the complete button assembly. This then allows the cistern cover to be lifted off. The button mechanisms plus the ballcock etc can then be accessed. Hope this helps.

ive never come across one that cant be opened from the top usually spin the whole lot out out or theres a screw below the two buttons which just flick out with a small screwdriver theres a right order to do it in as one is hookjed under the other but dammed if i can recall which

I cant seem to get the cistern off I have the buttons out and i have tried to lift it of it moves slightly but will not come off anyone any ideas please please help

Hi can you tell me where you got the new fill valve from if you have a product number or ref number would be greatful. please reply as i have the same problem you had with your toilet.

Last edited by a moderator:
Please register with us to receive additional answers to your question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Thank you mate, really appreciated that. I...
Replies
Views
You have a partial blockage downstream of the...
Replies
Views
Probably your main stopcock is not fitted the...
Replies
Views
Was the new pan fitted with a flexible waste...
Replies
Views
Managed go get a bucket full of baby wipes out...
Replies
Views
Back