help fixin dual flush toilet mechanism | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss help fixin dual flush toilet mechanism in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

when i flush the metal pin wont spring back and it stays down so the water keeps flowing i have to manually push it back into contact with the flush does anyone know how to fix this? or have a link on a how to video couldn't find anything myself

Attachments

• flush mechanism.jpg
    flush mechanism.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 24
1. Its a cable operated flush. Bit like a bike brake cable. Outer sheath (plastic) with inner metal cable.
2. The cable run between button and flush valve could be kinked, stopping the cable returning properly.
3. If not, then it might just need oiling on the inner cable.

I've had that same valve stick on a few occasions. Only real fix imo is to replace it.
It just turns and pops out of its cradle so very easy to swap out.
It's made by Wirquin, take the old one to merchants and get a new one. I know PTS stock them round here but they're pretty common so should be able to get one easily.

1. Its a cable operated flush. Bit like a bike brake cable. Outer sheath (plastic) with inner metal cable.
2. The cable run between button and flush valve could be kinked, stopping the cable returning properly.
3. If not, then it might just need oiling on the inner cable.
thanks so much ill try oiling it
[automerge]1593205189[/automerge]
I've had that same valve stick on a few occasions. Only real fix imo is to replace it.
It just turns and pops out of its cradle so very easy to swap out.
It's made by Wirquin, take the old one to merchants and get a new one. I know PTS stock them round here but they're pretty common so should be able to get one easily.
thanks ill have a look for it!

Similar plumbing topics

C
Hello My toilet flush is busted. The tank...
Replies
Views
Chris P
C
Hi, could you post a picture of the whole WC...
Replies
Views
R
There are a few things that could be causing...
Replies
Views
M
You can easily change the flush volume and see...
Replies
Views
I recently moved into a new flat and both...
Replies
Views
Back