Help! Glow Worm 24cxi Boiler F1 | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Help! Glow Worm 24cxi Boiler F1 in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jamesiv

Hi my fiancee and I have just bought our first house and in it is a glow worm 24 cxi which the last owners didnt treat very nicely. Anyway my Father did what he can and got it going until last week. We keep getting the F1 (igniting fault) When switched on the boiler sounds promising with the fan going and the gas injecting but then it doesn't light. I have replaced the electronic igniter, the electrode ignition lead and had my pcb checked and sounded. currently running between 0.9 to 1.0 bar pressure. P.s as we are very poor at the momnt having to fork out a full refurb on the property calling out a glow worm engineer would be my last resort as i have heard it costs £130 to just get them to come out and look.

Would be very grateful if anyone could lend advise.

Thankyou

If you can afford a full referb. I'm sure you can afford a local gas safe engineer to have a look at it

Btw. You sound really dangerous

Do you have any knowledge or experience of gas?

I'm sure £130 is cheap if you don't blow your new house up

And your home insurance will be null and void

Good luck

If you can afford a full referb. I'm sure you can afford a local gas safe engineer to have a look at it

This is what I really wanted to say but if I did there wouldn't be anything to read in next months GSR magazine :drunk:

This is what I really wanted to say but if I did there wouldn't be anything to read in next months GSR magazine :drunk:

Lmao

calling out a glow worm engineer would be your best bet!.

i dont think you have a clue to the danger you have put yourself in?.

If you can't get hold of a glow worm engineer. I know a good undertaker

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

I once had a similar experience with my old...
Replies
Views
Hi and thanks for the reply. No I purchased...
Replies
Views
I have this old car, I like it but I don't...
Replies
Views
Hi All - Put X800 in over the weekend...
Replies
Views
J
no it's the di-hydrogen monoxide getting in...
Replies
Views
PlumbBobBob
P
Back