HELP - Halstead Ace High Boiler Issue - Keeps Locking Out | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss HELP - Halstead Ace High Boiler Issue - Keeps Locking Out in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

tomkinsey

Hi all.

I'm not a plumber and have an issue with my Halstead Ace High boiler - it keeps locking out. It's fine all through the day and evening and then when I wake up in the morning (7 ish) it's locked out (heating supposed to come on at 6am).

I have had British Gas out 6 times and they have changed the PCB and fiddled with various things back in late Spring and it's started doing it again about 2 weeks ago and it's now every morning that it's locked out and I have to go down and manually reset it in the freezing cold!

I have British Gas coming out again next week but I was hoping to get some suggestions from here to put to him as everything they did before hasn't fixed the issue in the long run and i'm now very cold every morning!

Please help!

Tom

First check system pressure if to low could cause this first thing in morning

The 2nd engineer that came back in the Spring adjusted the system pressure and there is a gauge on the front of the bolier that hasn't really shifted... I can ask them to check again but they "had told me" it wasn't a pressure issue....

This type of problem is an engineers nightmare. Most modern boilers will give a fault code which will narrow the problem down but I dont think your boiler has that feature.Obvious components like thermistors can be easily checked as can other likely suspects but sometimes intermittent faults can be a very time consuming job. The one thing BG does not allow their engineers is time. Keep calling them back until they find it

what is pressure when system is cold,ie first thing in morning when you reset boiler,you should to be able to increase yourself if needed to around 1.5 bar

it could obviously be a few other things but that is the first to check as assume not topped up since start of year

imho

When off the boiler sits at around 1.1/1.2 bar and when fully fired up i've seen it get to just below 2 bar. We've gone down the thermistor route and it wasn't that - I remember that now being mentioned several times! Although I have Homecare with BG and can call them out as many times as I need it's the taking time off work that's the issue as they won't do w/e!

Thank you for all you help so far.

Do not think thermistors or pcb,think a mechanical part to blame sticking aps,pump,gas valve,pump flow switch ect but sure BG will get to the bottom of it,trouble with intermittent faults is hard to pin point as invariably they never happen when boiler is being checked,especially on this boiler as as you have seen could be a few things as no perticular common fault

not much help,sorry

imho

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

If i turn the temperature dial right down on...
Replies
Views
S
OK then, good luck with it 👍👍
Replies
Views
I once had a similar experience with my old...
Replies
Views
Hi mundungus How did your boiler problem get...
Replies
Views
schubes18
S
B
Did you find a resolution to your problem? We...
Replies
Views
Back