Help I have a drip on the washing machine tap I think. | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Help I have a drip on the washing machine tap I think. in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,
I am no good at DIY but came here for help on a plumbing problem.
I have a small leak as per picture attached, I think the shading machine tap needs replacing but I am not sure.
Have checked the copper piping that appears fine, but the drip appears to be coming from the machine tap.
The y plastic tap above appears to be fine. To repair the issue is this something easy to do myself plus the part wise?
O I tried my best to seal the leak but it is not working hence the tape on the pic.

IMG_0859.JPG

Two possibilities at first glance:

1. Rubber seal inside beige plastic lower nut on Y piece is missing / damaged - replace Y piece.
2. The blue plastic handle on the tap is preventing the beige plastic nut from tightening up sufficiently. Remove blue plastic handle. There will be a small machine screw attaching the handle to the valve spindle.

Looks like it's leaking from the plastic y there not very good and best replaced

http://www.NoLinkingToThis/p/compre...gclsrc=aw.ds&dclid=COiVg5j6htYCFUPIUQodPk8LtQ

You can do it yourself if you have hand tools grips and an adjustable spanner

If not should cost too much for a plumber

Check my link two posts up

Is this Defo the right part as per pic the blue handle piece seems to bend not have two ports to it. I think the y pipe is the issue as you can see the water coming out just where the plastic nut is.

IMG_0874.JPG

They leak all the time there rubbish best to replace either either two washing machine valves or the one in my link above

Nope no difference just two 3/4 connectors

Hello I have another issue regarding the bath itself
Recently a screw has come lose under the bathroom tap, the rubber has worn away on the screw. I think the other one is on its way out as well.

I have attached the photos can anyone help with this?

IMG_1668.PNG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

K
  • Question
Thank you, I'll get one
Replies
Views
Katie123
K
Just ask away thats what do here...give the...
Replies
Views
This is one of those 'it was alright before...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi Did you ever find out what the issue was?
Replies
Views
Back