Help identifying a boiler ?? | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Help identifying a boiler ?? in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

ManchesterGas

Hi all, went to recommission a heating system yesterday and found a faulty fan on the boiler so couldn't get it up and running.

They were all for a new boiler but now want a price on the replacement fan :( and I didn't make a note of what boiler it is...Durrr...

Fanned flue heat only boiler, with side and rear flue outlets, 2 screws on bottom of combustion casing and that lifts off, it's a cast hex and not
a pos pressure case, aps is in the top right corner. On/off switch bottom right and temp knob like a solo pf2, gas valve was at the back and bottom centre.

Anyone?

Cheers!

Time to go back as you may want the GC no. to order the fan.

I may not, don't really want the 2 hour round trip unless I have to.

Phone them and ask them to look for the GC number so you can order the part

The bottom control cover was missing and no identifying marks on the outside of the boiler, obviously not going to ask them to strip boiler down to find a GC no as there wasn't one visible from the outside..

Looks like I'm going back, I thought with all the experience on here that someone may have a clue. can't be that many fanned flue, cast iron boilers that have a side exit flue about!

The bottom control cover was missing and no identifying marks on the outside of the boiler, obviously not going to ask them to strip boiler down to find a GC no as there wasn't one visible from the outside..

Looks like I'm going back, I thought with all the experience on here that someone may have a clue. can't be that many fanned flue, cast iron boilers that have a side exit flue about!
why dont you google it ?

Positive pressure you say, later potterton neat heat, or profile at a guess

Lucky bugger two hour trip for domestic you go far a field

Go as far as I have to, it's about 45 mins away but there and back and messing about, soon adds up as we all know!

I thought the original Classics had a different fan to the later/last models.

A different connection through the boiler casing, to connect to the fan ??

Be careful before you order a fan you cant return.

I thought the original Classics had a different fan to the later/last models.

A different connection through the boiler casing, to connect to the fan ??

Be careful before you order a fan you cant return.

Correct Kevin......easy way to I.d which one it is as follows, the electric spades on same side, or spades on opposite sides, 100% fool proof you don't need serial number using this method, one is around £30 more than other too, even though they are both made by Sifan!

Ye, I was going to say the Classics have different fans, so need to make sure you get the right one.

Like vern said its to do with the position of the spade connectors. I got caught out before when ordering a fan.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

You seem to have an understanding of what...
Replies
Views
you’ll probably find the monthly fees are...
Replies
Views
Hi We suggest you get a qualified plumber in...
Replies
Views
Yes, I did see that the matter of putting Mag...
Replies
Views
No problem when I had my First one of them I...
Replies
Views
Back