Help identifying pipes | UK Plumbers Forums | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Help identifying pipes in the UK Plumbers Forums area at Plumbers Forums

Can anyone help me identify these pipes please? They are connected to a water tank in the roof of a tenement in Glasgow. I'm trying to work out which pipe is filling the tank from the mains supply, because pipe 2 also supplies all the water in my flat so I'm hoping it's not coming from the tank, the tank is open and filthy. Also wondering what pipe 1 is because it has a filling valve attached at the top sitting in the tank. Would also be good to know what pipe 3 and 4 are. Many thanks for any help it's much appreciated. If it turns out my flat isn't on the mains supply I'll be calling a plumber ASAP!

Attachments

• IMG_20220118_122052.jpg
    IMG_20220118_122052.jpg
    362.9 KB · Views: 26
Other flats each having there own supply for hot water/tank from the tank

Easiest way to tell is to run your tank and see if that one starts filling after 5 mins

Other flats each having there own supply for hot water/tank from the tank

Easiest way to tell is to run your tank and see if that one starts filling after 5 mins
Thanks for the reply, I don't totally follow... I've got a combi boiler, the tank up there is just a cold water tank, the pipe that goes through my flat to the tank up there comes up from the flat below (pipe 2). If I close the gate on pipe 2 and there's no water in my flat I presume that means for sure I'm getting all my water from that tank?

If your on a combi it won’t be supplying your taps as it will be mains pressure

If your on a combi it won’t be supplying your taps as it will be mains pressure
Success I ran the taps and checked the tank and it didn't go down or refill but great to know combi has to be on mains anyway. Looks like that tank supplies other properties has several pipes coming off, wouldn't want to be drinking that water many thanks for your help Sean.

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Turn the waste fitting 45 so the angled...
Replies
Views
  • Question
There's worse work than somewhere or other...
Replies
Views
S
  • Question
Hi, I'm after some advice for a current system...
Replies
Views
Sandy Rivers
S
  • Question
Update. Here’s the finished bathroom I’m...
Replies
Views
  • Question
How much heat do you want to transfer? Here...
Replies
Views
Back