Help identifying Valves | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Help identifying Valves in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, Could someone confirm what this fitting is? An Isolating valve or a Check valve?
Inked IMG 0919 LI valve

Also whats going on here. This is under a bathroom wash hand basin but seems to have a drinking water supply connection coming off it? Does this mean that the bathroom cold supply is mains? These pictures were taken in a commercial building.

Inked IMG 0916 LI Drink

Many Thanks in Advance

1. isolation valve
2. water block (grey bit.) pressure reducing valve, with double check valve with isolation valve between

1. isolation valve
2. water block (grey bit.) pressure reducing valve, with double check valve with isolation valve between
Thanks for your reply.
Would this setup indicate that this is mains? Or would this also be on a gravity fed system?
This location is on the gnd floor of 6 story building. There is a 16oooltr Cistern tank on the 6th floor, the mains is from a mains break tank in the basement level -1 which is boosted.

Thanks for your reply.
Would this setup indicate that this is mains? Or would this also be on a gravity fed system?
This location is on the gnd floor of 6 story building. There is a 16oooltr Cistern tank on the 6th floor, the mains is from a mains break tank in the basement level -1 which is boosted.

i'd say mains but could be wrong, personally only ever seen them mains fed to the back of vending machines.

what are you planning on doing?

Trying to understand the water system in this building and draw a sketch. I don't have access to all parts of it. This is the second time I've seen this. I have seen these blue lines come off cold water supplies into a filtered water cooler before. Last one was from WHB in a disabled Toilet to a AA4400X POU Cooler but even that time wasn't sure if it was mains or not hence the question to the forum.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Ah perfect. Thank you!
Replies
Views
  • Question
Thanks for the reply and information so far...
Replies
Views
I have tried hard to get similar to the first...
Replies
Views
  • Question
I would of clipped the pipework but it is...
Replies
Views
Back