Help- Loud whistling noise from boiler flue | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Help- Loud whistling noise from boiler flue in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

sparky24

I have a loud whistling noise that carries through the house coming from the boiler flu.
It only occurs when it is very windy outside. The flu vents out of the house wall between two houses which is a wind tunnel.
The boiler is a Range Powermax 185.
Does anyone have any suggestions as to what can be done to prevent this whistling noise,

thanks

Boiler Flu.jpg

Before i call a heating engineer out can anyone let me know what to expect. Is this a common problem that can be easily sorted out?

thanks

the wind tunnel could be causing the issue here, however in the interest of safety i would stop using the boiler until it has been checked out by a gsr to ensure seals etc are all intact

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Hi, When I turn on the central heating, the...
Replies
Views
Would an open hot water tap / open radiator...
Replies
Views
the video doesn't play within the post for me...
Replies
Views
R
did you ever figure out what is causing the...
Replies
Views
eddie81
E
Back