Help! My neighbours boiler keeps waking me up. | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Help! My neighbours boiler keeps waking me up. in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

stuartpagram

I need some advice on what is wrong with my neighbours boiler please!
For about the last 6 months her boiler has been making a loud howling noise for about a minute at 6:30 in the morning and at around 4:30 in the afternoon, it has been getting louder recently to the point that it wakes us up in the morning even with the double glazed windows shut, the flue is right on the boundary & about 4m from our bedroom although it points away from us. Its a horrible noise that makes me feel like my ears are ringing! We asked her if she could get it looked at which she did, the engineer couldn’t find anything wrong with it and apparently said its normal to hear a slight whistling noise. I think the problem is that it only happens a couple of times a day for about a minute & neither my neighbour nor the engineer have heard it.
I have managed to get a video of the noise which can be seen here:

[DLMURL]https://vimeo.com/54754676[/DLMURL]

Any advice would be greatly appreciated as I really do need my sleep!!
Stu

Last edited by a moderator:
It's wont carry on for much longer. The part will stop working and they will have to replace the part

May be the fan, ask if she can get the engineer to call round B4 4.30 when boiler starts What are you still doing in bed at 4.30 anyway ??

That sound is not normal and def needs looking at what is causing it. Ask your neighbour to get another engineer out to look at it at the time you state, 4.30 is going to be more realistic I would think. Or, ask your neighbour to ensure the boiler is cold ready for the engineers arrival as it would appear it is only doing it when starting from cold.

Failing all of the above, ask your neighbour to change her heating times to stop waking you up.

Surely the fan! Ideal Classic comes to mind lol ? Get a engineer round!

Thanks for the replys guys, its good to confirm my suspicions that this is definitely not a normal noise! I'm going to copy the video onto a disc & give it to my neighbour so that she can hear how loud it is and show it to her engineer.

no luck with that phone environmental health and get a noise debatement order on it for it to be fixed.

i know its sad but i can tell its a glow worm from the flue some do squeel like that fitted 30 on a site and 10 whistled like that glowworm sorted 8 but never did sort 2 of them. its normaly the mixture setting or there is a mod that can be done to a part inside the boiler .they mainly only do this on full load .turning the range rating cures some glowworm did this on some of them.best to call glowworm of glowworm familiar engineer

Hi buckley, just had this on a flexicom (heat only) had to reset the High & low rate, for the moment it seems ok, but this went on all the time not just the first min or two, but we dont know what boiler the next door people have.

Sorry just seen the vid ! glow worm, gas valve needs adjusting , same noise that i was getting but for longer,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

W
pcb issue so gas safe engy required sorry to say
Replies
Views
No I do not. Second to that I don’t even have...
Replies
Views
Agree but the question is whether the...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Understood, many thanks for the help folks!
Replies
Views
thank you!
Replies
Views
Back