Help needed DIYer looking for advice boiler has been looked at by a professional | General DIY Plumbing Forum | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Help needed DIYer looking for advice boiler has been looked at by a professional in the General DIY Plumbing Forum area at Plumbers Forums

D

Daveleaver

Hi everyone.

Signed up to post this as i am at my last tether.

The details

Ideal isar he30 combi (i am saving for a new boiler as i know this thing is utter trash)

Boiler is losing pressure when no water is being called for and ch is off.

I had to take out and clean the heat exchanger as it was getting an overheat code. This sorted the issue! However the pressure was dropping. The professional pumped up the expansion vessel as this was empty.

Its still now losing pressure so as soon as i get the timw (2mo) i am going to isolate the ch side after pressurising so i can see what is losing pressure.

I have a few un answered questions maybe someone can answer.

1.) Why when the boiler loses all its pressure do i still have hot water and heating?

2.) I have no air in my radiators would i have air in these if a underfloor pipe was leaking?

3.) Last night there was water on the floor traced it to the condensate pipe elbow which is not sealed. This happend with the heating off!

Ill appreciate any replys what you think could be at fault here.

Thank you for reading

Dave

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Good job buddy 👍🏼
Replies
Views
  • Question
'Have tried all off bar A, B, and C, so not...
Replies
Views
  • Question
OK thanks for the response. I hadn't...
Replies
Views
I have connected the secondary pump to a wifi...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Nope shouldn’t drop after around a month after...
Replies
Views
Back