Help Needed naming Boiler Part | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Help Needed naming Boiler Part in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
W

wuzzbert

Hi All,

Ive got a tiny crack which is leaking a fine jet of water in a plastic fitting on my Glowworm 30cxi boiler. The fitting is located at the centre just behind where the control unit swings down. Ive included a picture with an arrow pointing to the fitting below. Could anyone please tell me what this part is or ideally what the order number is for a replacement. I believe its the feeder for the heat exchange but can anyone tell me what I need to quote to order it or even better the order number. I doubt it can be fixed as its a fine crack in the plastic casing!!!
IMG_0521.jpg

Hello mate what you want is the left hand hydro block, this part was a call back , they have modifey`d it now the bit it is leaking from is now copper, if you have limited access to boiler it is a real pain in the arse to change, Think part is around £200.00. if never done one B4 can take a couple of Hrs and will need torque screwdriver to remove screws.

Wow £200 thats expensive!!!

If I do this job myself will there be any gas involved or is it just a water fitting???

Is there no way you can repair the fine crack in the plastic? £200 seems a lot of money thats all.

No gas involved but a good knowledge of boilers is needed, otherwise you are going to get in trouble. Not really a DIY job, but if you are adamant good luck.

Sorry mate but it is a costly part, no can-not be repaired, right hand block about same price, if you dont work on boilers i would not advise you try it, Ive done loads of these for Glow-Worm, even went to Belper on a course £200.00 is aprox price shop around you may get lucky but part is getting a bit scarce, just to remove the caseing you should be Gas Safe reg, it dos require knowlage of boilers, you have also got to replace all the seals and `O` rings, unless you have the right tools you will get into a lot of trouble trying to do this yourself .
What is your location could be someone on here is near you

Sorry but you are dealing with something that could kill you bodgeing it up is not an option, if you get water into pcb you will have to replace that as well.
If cost of repair is a problem call out Glow-Worm for a fix`d price repair and pay it over 12mths will cost you about £240.00

Ok, but can I ask how it could kill me, do you mean if the water got into the electrics???

Look as i see it you intend doing this repair your self, if you are quite happy to do it go ahead !! you seem to think that you can bodge it up, well at the end of the day its your boiler you have to live with it ! or not if you get it wrong, you have been told what the part is , price , and alternative ways of geting it repaired, the choice is yours ! take your pick.
:devil:

rip off glowworm spares,same as at other tat make heatline both owned by valiant who also rip you off for spares who said they like vailants????

Well I managed to reapir the leak with some Evostivk Putty Leak Repair, seems like good stuff, just rub it together in your hands and then apply and leave for an hour. It seems to have stop the tiny leak. I do appreciate this may not last but it seems to have done the job so far, watch this space.

Managed to find some details on how to remove the part if needs be in the future, very simple in my eyes, being an Engineer by trade, so if the worst comes to the worst I'll just replace the part.

Im not dead, and £200 is still in my back pocket, happy days

Last edited by a moderator:
Mate, contrary to popular misconception, you cannot work on this if you are not gas safe. These boilers weren't Glowworms finest moment, get someone i mate

All boiler manufacturers state in the MIs that the boiler should not be fitted outside in the elements. Glowworm should have made the CXI the exception to the rule. Apart from not working properly, at least it would automatically water the garden.
I have a Glowworm Ultracom and it's a good bit of kit. The CXI range was a plastic disaster waiting to happen.

Well guys looks like we have all been getting it wrong all these years ! doing training, paying gas safe, buying insurance, van load of tools ect, When all we needed was a pack of Evostick Putty.:dunce2:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

External hounsfield heat only. If you really...
Replies
Views
This any good? I think it’s who Screwfix use...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Something as simple as turning the power off...
Replies
Views
Good job buddy. Rather than a beer, if you’re...
Replies
Views
Back