Help needed - Worcester Combi 25si boiler completely dead. No power at all - fuse? | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Help needed - Worcester Combi 25si boiler completely dead. No power at all - fuse? in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

princessjr

Hi,

Our boiler was installed in 2005 and has always worked fine. I tried to have a shower tonight and there was no hot water and when I checked the boiler there are no lights, display, sound or flame. Nothing. It is completely dead.

Does anyone have any ideas? - could it simply be a fuse or has it died?

Re: Help needed - Worcester Combi 25si boiler completely dead. No power at all - fuse

princessjr, I doubt it's dead! May need the kiss of life however:) Try the fuse, it's something you can change, like for like of course! If that don't work then call in a Gas Safe Engineer :cool:

Re: Help needed - Worcester Combi 25si boiler completely dead. No power at all - fuse

thanks for your reply. I have tried to remove the front cover to access the internal fuse but cannot seem to get it off? I have removed the screws from the top but it looks like I need an allen key for some smaller ones underneath?

Is it possible to access the fuses without removing the whole cover do you know?

Don't mess with the boiler princessjr, sheeeeeeeesh!!!!!

You should have a separate isolation switch for the boiler with a fuse within! Some have a little red light? That is the only fuse you should be changing! I've known of customers accidental turning the switch off!!! Costly error!!!

Diamond ment the fuse external to the boiler

Don't mess with the boiler princessjr, sheeeeeeeesh!!!!!

You should have a separate isolation switch for the boiler with a fuse within! Some have a little red light? That is the only fuse you should be changing! I've known of customers accidental turning the switch off!!! Costly error!!!
Bugger you beat me to it

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

W
pcb issue so gas safe engy required sorry to say
Replies
Views
There is 6 pipes under the boiler and one goes...
Replies
Views
M
Hello, We’ve recently moved into a fairly old...
Replies
Views
MartinPod81
M
latest boiler been working all day no probs...
Replies
Views
You'd have to have gas meter removed if you...
Replies
Views
Back