Help Please! glow worm 24cxi boiler f1 fault | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Help Please! glow worm 24cxi boiler f1 fault in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jamesiv

Hi my fiancee and I have just bought our first house together and in it was a glow worm 24cxi boiler with all the pipes cut to the hilt by the previous owners. (lovely people) anyway my Dad did his magic and managed to get the boiler working until last week. We keep getting the F1 (igniting fault) it all sounds good the fan goes and the gas is injected but fails to light. I have replaced the electronic igniter, electrode ignition lead and had the pcb checked and sounded. my dad is currently running it between 0.9 bar to 1.1 bar.
P.s after forking out for a full refurb on a tight budget i would like to leave calling out glow worm to a last resort as i have heard it is a
£130 call out charge which i dont have unfortunately.

any advise would be hugely greatful!!!

thankyou!!!

Stop messing with something that will potentially kill you! Get a registered gas engineer to have a look and he should be able to give you a price for repair. And your dad should know better at his age. If something goes wrong with his "magic" and the house blows up, taking you and your fiance with it, he will be doing his "magic" from behind bars!

Hi my fiancee and I have just bought our first house together and in it was a glow worm 24cxi boiler with all the pipes cut to the hilt by the previous owners. (lovely people) anyway my Dad did his magic and managed to get the boiler working until last week. We keep getting the F1 (igniting fault) it all sounds good the fan goes and the gas is injected but fails to light. I have replaced the electronic igniter, electrode ignition lead and had the pcb checked and sounded. my dad is currently running it between 0.9 bar to 1.1 bar.
P.s after forking out for a full refurb on a tight budget i would like to leave calling out glow worm to a last resort as i have heard it is a
£130 call out charge which i dont have unfortunately.

any advise would be hugely greatful!!!

thankyou!!!

This is so common jamesiv! You are scared by TV programs to get someone in, incase it costs you a fortune and you're ripped off ............ so it costs you a fortune and you fail to rectify the problem! Why not replace everything it might be then realise you have a bird nesting in your flue or a blocked sump causing moisture issues ... Take a chance, use a professional! Dad doesn't always know best ... honest!!

There are genuine guys out there that won't charge you an arm and a leg to get you some hot water and heating ...!!

personally i think its the one way fluffel valve playing up

no it's the di-hydrogen monoxide getting in the way

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Hi All - Put X800 in over the weekend...
Replies
Views
V
We do not discuss gas repairs in open forum...
Replies
Views
Dotty
D
P
glow worm are speaking the truth, I have had...
Replies
Views
lame plumber
L
Get a gas safe registered engineer to come...
Replies
Views
macackau
M
J
If you can't get hold of a glow worm engineer...
Replies
Views
Back