Help, please - leaking pex elbow | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Help, please - leaking pex elbow in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
I recently had a leak from a pushfit elbow connecting two PEX pipes. This was professionally replaced to only wait until the ceiling was repatched and do exactly the same thing again.

Can anyone recommend alternative fittings for connecting PEX pipe or should I consider a straight connection?

I just wonder if the pipe is not long enough for an elbow and therefore when pressurised with water its just creating a gap for escape of water?

Any chance of a few pics ?

Not yet, going to be removing the ceiling later section later. It's basically PEX pipe to speedfit elbow to PEX pipe at virtually a right angle

You've used inserts ? And the pex is the same dia ?

A Tectite pro fitting would sort it bud , cheers kop

Attachments

• 82807076_Tectite_Flexible_Metal.pdf
    1.7 MB · Views: 8
Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

When you presume your system is leaking, have...
Replies
Views
Hi All This is following on from thread I...
Replies
Views
I've tidied up this thread and banned a user...
Replies
Views
D
Hello Duncan. Yes a shut off valve can pass...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
  • Question
Could you post a picture of the shower trap...
Replies
Views
Back