Help please needed regards kitchen mixer tap ! | UK Plumbers Forums | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Help please needed regards kitchen mixer tap ! in the UK Plumbers Forums area at Plumbers Forums

Hi all,

I'm having problems with an old kitchen mixer tap.......the cold side is dripping from spout so I attempted to remove the brass cartridge to change rubber washers but for some reason after fully unscrewing it doesn't want to come out. Maybe something simple stopping it but I didn't want to force it........you are the experts.......would there be something else holding it in?

Also, I haven't a clue what make the tap is so need help identifying it please!

Lastly I'm hoping I can still get the cartridges for the tap which must be 25 years old at least.......any suggestions where I could purchase these would be gratefully received!
Thank you!

Attachments

• Tap 1a.jpg
    Tap 1a.jpg
    282.4 KB · Views: 40
  • Tap 2a.jpg
    Tap 2a.jpg
    260 KB · Views: 33
Wiggle and pull likely the washer has expanded so it won’t come out easily

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Just for future reference, a grub screw doing...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Thank you. Good to know that there are options...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Thankyou, I have already installed a hot and...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi. I have a kitchen mixer tap unit with older...
Replies
Views
  • Question
does a standard tap refurb kit fit? they come...
Replies
Views
Back