Help please. Potterton boiler lock out?? | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Help please. Potterton boiler lock out?? in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

davestevenm

Hi guys,

Apologies for my first post being a cry for help.. only I have a freezing cold family & pets due to no heating in these freezing conditions!

We have just moved in to a house whose central heating is LPG gas... 47kg bottles connected to the system. These are full

since yesterday, our potterton 50e lpg boiler hasnt been working. Sometimes it fires up... then after about 3 minutes.. it shuts down.

Is it overheating?

just coincidence...? but I closed off the water supply to the washing machine yesterday... this cant be connected to the fault can it?

there is a reset button under the boiler that also sometimes has popped out

can anyone offer any advice / help to get it running to warm us up!?

thanks

Dave

just to add.. a water pipe to a bedroom radiator burst the other day.. i still havent beld the rad.. do you reckon air has now got to the pump / boiler and now the boiler overheats and shuts down?

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

D
Replies
Views
U
Replies
Views
Dotty
D
This boiler is far simpler than any new boiler...
Replies
Views
D
Yer embarrassing me now :smile:
Replies
Views
T
E
Please read the forum rules regarding gas...
Replies
Views
Dotty
D
Back