Help please.....water tank issues and brown hot water!!? | Bathroom Advice | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Help please.....water tank issues and brown hot water!!? in the Bathroom Advice area at Plumbers Forums

Hello

I’m a 30 year old single lady, I’m going to be totally honest and say I know nothing about plumbing!!!

Ive lived here for 6 years (am homeowner) no plumbing problems. I have two water tanks in my loft, 1 hot water tank and 1 normal water tank. Both of them are intermittently leaking out their overflow pipes randomly throughout the day. When the heating is on it stops one of them and the other stops when I use hot water from any tap in the house. Also at the same time as this started (a week ago) my hot water is coming out a brown/red colour!?

A plumber can not get here until Tuesday being Christmas/new year etc. Is this all safe to still use the water and the heating? Also can anyone give me a clue as to what the problem is? And how much that problem might cost?

Thank you so much! Sorry for sounding plumbing challenged

I wouldn't use any water other than mains if you can toilets are fine

Sounds like you could have a duff / cracked coil in the cylinder

Similar plumbing topics

C
  • Question
Is there a ball valve on the flexihoses? Might...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Yeah will deffo try I’ve got a strong magnet...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi, We have a large Heatrea Sadia unvented hot...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Yours is an old fotic cylinder, Thermal store...
Replies
Views
PH is 7.5. Chloride is 194. The last water...
Replies
Views
Back