Help please with Ferroli Modena 102 boiler | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Help please with Ferroli Modena 102 boiler in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Sonjaday

Hello
I need help please with my central heating boiler. I'm in a bit of a fix as my husband has had a knee operation and I'm trying to get the central heating to work. We haven't used the heating all summer, but the hot water has worked normally with no problems. However, when I tried to turn on the heating last night it wouldn't work. I tried to override the timer, in case there's a problem with the timer, but nothing happens, yet the gas fires when the hot tap runs, but won't run the heating. My husband is a retired builder and knows a bit about these things, but I don't want to worry him when he can't do anything about it. I feel there may be some auto timer problem, blocking the heating from firing, but I would be grateful for any help you may be able to give me.
Thank you.
Sonjaday

hi welcome to the forums. what type of system do you have? is it sealed and pressurised or open vented with tanks in the loft?

Hi Steveb
Thank you for such a quick reply. We don't have tanks in the attic and the manual for the boiler says:"Copper wall-mounted combination, gas fired boiler for central heating and domestic hot water production, fan assisted, room sealed compartment, electronic flame ignition and control". So I would think it's sealed and pressurised. I hope this may help.
Sonja

You should call a Gas Safe Registered engineer to look at the problem, as this may involve gas work.

Thank you Reg Man, but I thought as the water was heating, that it was possible an electrical timer problem with the heating, or something really simple that I had overlooked. I wouldn't dream of touching anything to do with the gas or electricity. Perhaps I was hoping for the impossible. A flick of a switch and it would work!!!
Sonja

Ok know where your coming from. Its likely to be a problem inside the boiler, which requires the boiler case to be removed. The only way you can check the programmer properly is by carrying out electrical testing across the connection terminals. In any event you will require a professional person.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

I don’t know your boiler but would expect it...
Replies
Views
If this is your model, some of your questions...
Replies
Views
Someone has said, he wouldnt of plumbed it as...
Replies
Views
S
Boiler Fault I’m hoping someone can help with...
Replies
Views
S
170L is barely enough for 2 showers for us...
Replies
Views
Back