Help. Should there be a vent pipe after the boiler and before the pump. | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Help. Should there be a vent pipe after the boiler and before the pump. in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

richiepg

I think my heating system is sucking air in through vent pipe.
My heating system is as follows, boiler, pump, motorised valves then I think the vent pipe is after these. Does this sound wrong. I've taken a picture but Iam having trouble uploading it. Thanks

20170130_202335 (1).jpg

That's a sealed system man- prv on the boiler. Must be an expansion vessel????
If it is open vent you got trouble coz the vent will connected after the valves or somewhere by your hwc off the return!

Cheers man, Iam new to the house. I think it was a sealed system converted to open vent as there is a tank in the loft. Also there is a back boiler stove in the house. Iam thinking of disconnecting the back boiler(getting a plumber) and going back to sealed. Would this stop air getting into the rads.

Thanks I'll get a plumber out, I just wanted to get a better understanding before I called someone. Appreciate it man

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Hello. I am planning to build a small half...
Replies
Views
A
Are you sure it’s still vented? Should have...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Thanks for your response, they're dreyton...
Replies
Views
https://www.pipekit.co.uk/marley-hdpe-concentri...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Back