Help - Toilet Water Turning Brown! | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Help - Toilet Water Turning Brown! in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
N

nigel

We have two loos up stairs one in bathroom and one in en-suite - they are about 3m from each other, both empty into the same near horizontal soil pipe that empties into stack literally 500mmfrom the downstream toilet

Both toilets are on same floor level and same height - leave them for 12 hours or so without using and the water in pan goes brown - any ideas?

Is it allowed by building regs to fit two toilets this way as there can be no fall in soil pipe and muck in soil pipe must be draining back into pans

The loos/house was built 11 years ago - any ideas please? Many thanks all

I believe you have answered your own question, backflow through soil pipe. You need to either raise the toilets or lower the connection to the stack.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Thanks very much! Gets me off the hook! Let...
Replies
Views
Thank you
Replies
Views
B
I have a similar problem but the waste goes...
Replies
Views
FK Toilet
F
O
Sorry all. Been a manic few days. Thanks to...
Replies
Views
OddJobRob
O
N
No blockage in soil pipe? Was he a plumber or...
Replies
Views
Back