Help wanted Ideal icos boiler probem | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Help wanted Ideal icos boiler probem in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

stevieauto

Hi all thisis my first posting and need help.
I have anIdeal Icos HE18 boiler, the other day the heating did not come on and afterinspection of the boiler. On the control panel it was flashing a code of L.F
Accordingto the service manual it is a flame detection electrode fault to which afterfollowing the diagnosis suggested a replacement.
Areplacement electrode was fitted. I also cleaned out the condensate trap, (alsoas recommended by manual). filled it with water and refitted.
Refittedboiler sealing panel, switched on boiler and cleared fault code on panel.
Boilerstruck up and ran for about 15 secs then shut down, after a short while boilerstruck up again then again shut down this happened three times and then wentinto fault again Flashing L.F code.
Againremoved sealing panel, checked wiring from electrode to pcb all seemed to beok. But I noticed that the gasket that came with new flame electrode wasslightly thicker, so changed it back for the old one. Again cleared fault codethen started the ignition process all over again. This time it appeared to fireup and run a lot longer and all was ok on control panel. The only thing I diddifferent on firing up the boiler was I forgot to refit sealing panel and up onrefitting the panel boiler started to cut out again, I momentarily removedpanel to see if it was obstructing anything then it shut down tripping the electrics.Now trying to switch boiler on it instantly trips the power. I can only assumeits damaged the pcb. Any ideas?
Sorry forthe long winded explanation.
Any advicewould be helpful many thanks for feedback.
CheersSteve

Thanks guys will take your advice, hope to up date post when its sorted just to give some feed back

Thanks for taking the time to read

Cheers Steve

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Yes, it looked like water had leaked on it...
Replies
Views
Probably a pressure sensor still involved but...
Replies
Views
Is your boiler the 'Ideal Logic Heat 12' (i.e...
Replies
Views
Nothing you can check yourself as it states in...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Gut feeling is PCB Time for someone...
Replies
Views
Back