Help with a replacement toilet button | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Help with a replacement toilet button in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jtattersalluk

Hi there

I have a problem with one of the toilets in my house and I was wondering if some of the experienced people on here who know way more about this than me might have an answer.

The toilet in question has a 'dual flush push button' on the top of the toilet, but that plastic button has cracked and broken. I was wondering if it is possible to get just a replacement button that will fit the flushing mechanism - as far as I can tell the rest of the components are fine.

The previous owner of the house left some paperwork for the toilet with a manual describing the parts and assembly. I have a scanned image of that but it wouldn't let me upload, or maybe I was doing it wrong.

The manual says it's from Polypipe Bathroom & Kitchen Products Limited with a code of PM000ARC and an issue date of 11/01/05. I have tried emailing the company but have had no response.

From the looks of it I think I need a Button Assembly and maybe a Back Nut if it is even possible to get one that fits. I have had a quick search on Ebay and other sites online and there appears to be a lot of Push Flush buttons for sale, but I'm not sure which is the right type.

If anyone has any advice or can point me in the right direction in terms of what to look for then that would be really appreciated. Ideally I would like to buy the part and get it fixed

Thanks

Jon

Welcome to the forum, as its your first post there may be a delay whilst a mod takes a look at what your posting before it goes through the system. A photo tends to work better though, one of the cistern lid & button and if you can another of the valve underneath.

If its PM000ARC that is a Macdee fitting, try here

[DLMURL="http://www.lovebathrooms.co.uk/toilet-spare-parts/toilet-spares/derwent-macdee-toilet-spares.html?p=3"]Derwent Macdee Toilet Spares[/DLMURL]
If you can't get the button on its own, buy another PM000ARC and take the old unit off (it comes off its base connection with a bayonet fitting like a lightbulb) and swap over.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the replies.

I will try the link provided (thanks WHPES), if there is something similar I will try and get a button or if not a unit.

Thanks again

Jon

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Thank you mate, really appreciated that. I...
Replies
Views
Thanks Shaun Much appreciated
Replies
Views
Sorry for the late post on this but just...
Replies
Views
I would cut it to the right size and glue the...
Replies
Views
Was the new pan fitted with a flexible waste...
Replies
Views
Back