Help with boiler flue options! | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Help with boiler flue options! in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

gassafe

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Gotta quote a replacement boiler for this property, its a nice little job, only problem is the flue, can't re-use existing hole in flat roof as its too near openable bathroom window! :(

chap is happy with a wall hung combi, as its only 1 bathroom property, probs a 34 cdi... Any ideas on flue ideas appreciated!

A plume type system for vertical flue would be ideal lol! Don't think it exists tho!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    46.3 KB · Views: 48
This is internal

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 49
Going further away from window puts flue at head height under the door way into the utility, so that's not really practical either.

I looked at relocating into outside wall, but then condense pump needed, plus long runs on hot draw off etc!

Anyone know if the flue can be altered above roof? Like using a telescopic kit? It all comes in white, so i guess not!?

Why not instead of moving boiler just have long run of horizontal flue system? On Baxi if u go up to 80/150 the flue can be 2 miles long?

Why not instead of moving boiler just have long run of horizontal flue system? On Baxi if u go up to 80/150 the flue can be 2 miles long?

Does not help with this one, there a garage the otherside & along the back wall is an entrance doorway.

Upon looking at the internal pic, I might suggest vertical off boiler with 2 90,s then above doorway & vertical out... With the recess it won't be quite as in the way as I thought... Will have to take another look.

Keston would be good solution ...... Providing flue falls properly . Still bitter after having to strip and repair a few c80/ c50 that rubber hose from sump split and just filled rusted case with Co and plenty of dry roasted pcbs too.

Keston C30 is a ideal logic with a keston badge, their plastic flue system and bigger price tag.

Keston C30 is a ideal logic with a keston badge, their plastic flue system and bigger price tag.

Never seen c30 just those heaps with the pcb over burner and rubber flue links on rhs an condensate traps at bottom left.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

I took those photos! Looks like the only...
Replies
Views
J
A gas engineer with respect and quality will...
Replies
Views
Mark Butler
M
Thanks for your help Shaun, it's much...
Replies
Views
Unfortunately not. My customer said his...
Replies
Views
Should have added in, naturally there will be...
Replies
Views
Back