Help With Boiler Please! | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Help With Boiler Please! in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

bildo

Hi guys, sorry for this being my first post but I could do with help rather urgently, I'm useless at this kind of thing and the g/f is in a huge panic!

She got home tonight and her boiler had lost all pressure, so I told her to follow the instructions to get the pressure back up. I would post the links for the PDF's for the manual but I'm new so it won't let me. It says on the manual it is the following:
Ideal Esprit he24 he30 he35

Now, once she'd done everything required and got the pressure to where it should be, she couldn't turn the knobs back to cut them off to stop the boiler gaining pressure. It's meant to be at around 1 bar, and I told her to turn it off at 3.4 bar! It was still going up at this rate.

These are the knobs that are turning endlessly (circled in red)
Untitled-2.jpg

Any help is greatly appreciated!

I'm not familiar with the ideal esprit because they're toilet. But usually filling loops are quarter turn mate so the shouldn't keep turning, chances are they plastic handles have sheared off on the inside, if this is the case you can/should be able to remover the circled handles by undoing the little screw and then turn the valve manually with a pair of pliers.

Sorry for not being clear initially, I wrote it in a bit of a panic! Seems the second poster had an idea of what I was talking about though.

No surprise that they're not the finest in all honesty, I did try to explain that they only need a quarter turn but that obviously didn't happen! :D

I'll see if she even has any pliers to hand to do that mate, thank you.

I guess running the boiler at the current pressure is going to cause some damage? Not entirely sure how she should go about lowering the pressure.

why was she in a panic? tell her to put a jumper on :)

you will need to drop the pressure back down, done easy by venting some water out a rad bleed nipple into a tub.

Is it still filling? If so it'll be discharging to outside via the pressure relief valve, which seeing as its an ideal will probably need replacing now ;) worry about that later, when she manages to turn the water off the best way for her to lower the pressure will be with a radiator vent key a bowl and some time.

Sounds a bit out of her depth so I'll just have to get a plumber round, guess it won't be quite as simple as I'd hoped!

Thanks for the advice though chaps, very useful forum you have here and great to have you all helping.

I'm in Southend, Essex, already ordered a plumber for the morning since he couldn't make it this evening. (Getting a bit late now too.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Personally I would remove the tmv valve and go...
Replies
Views
Gut feeling is PCB Time for someone...
Replies
Views
C
  • Question
Is there a ball valve on the flexihoses? Might...
Replies
Views
If the pressure is going that high with the...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
C
Charlotte - the noise sounds more like the...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Back