Help with boiler pls | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Help with boiler pls in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

damonsbeads

Hi, I have a baxi platinum combi approz 4yrs old and have had problems with it losing pressure, eventually got so bad that I had to get the heateam out and because it was still under guarantee, they fixed (?) the problem and Im due for a service in March.
Since it was fixed nearly 4 weeks ago, it has lost pressure twice and Ive managed to repressurise the boiler myself (Please forgive any thickness here but Im a single mum and learning as I go along!) Anyway this morning I noticed the heating had not automatically come on and when I checked, the pressure was down again and the boiler was off.
I went to add some pressure as Ive done in the past but this didnt work and I noticed no water AT ALL would come from the HOT taps ( theres water coming from the cold tap though)
So Ive got no heating and no hot water - the engineer is coming out on wednesday morning after i persuaded them it was a boiler problem and NOT a water one!!! Whats going on here? Why would there be no water coming from the hot taps? Its not been freezing outside? Do I have a leak. Im in a right mess and any help would be appreciated, thank you.

sounds like you have turned the hot water isolator off by mistake its the black lever second from the right,go and check that first then come back and we will tell you how to put water in

sounds like you have turned the hot water isolator off by mistake its the black lever second from the right,go and check that first then come back and we will tell you how to put water in

Thank you for that - yes, Ive checked that and thats exactly what i had done!!! But I still cant get the boiler to pressurise, what should I do next? Thanks.:D

look for a silver braided hose may be fitted under the boiler

check youtube too they have a few videos on here - probably sound like chinese off us trying to explain

check youtube too they have a few videos on here - probably sound like chinese off us trying to explain
No, not chinese at all, very helpful and i've managed to get it sorted, thank you all;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Thank you. I will give it a turn later on and...
Replies
Views
Gut feeling is PCB Time for someone...
Replies
Views
T
Please advise me. I am a disabled pensioner. I...
  • TheCatWhoNeedsaHotShower
  • Boilers
  • Latest:
  • TheCatWhoNeedsaHotShower
Replies
Views
TheCatWhoNeedsaHotShower
T
if you can take out a good pan or two out...
Replies
Views
You might have a EV (expansion vessel)...
Replies
Views
Back