help with flush on new fitted toilet | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss help with flush on new fitted toilet in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

kronos1664

Hi, I have just fitted a new toilet with a high level cistern. When I pull the chain the toilet flushes but the flapper valve doesnt close unless I lift the chain. It seems that the weight of the chain and the pull are too heavy to let the flapper close. The whole system came as a set so I assume they should work together but I can't see how they can unless some kind of counter weight or spring was to be used to balance the weight of the chain and pull handle . Im new to this so i hope i ve just over looked something.any advice would be most helpful

Last edited by a moderator:
cable tie a fishing lead weight or something to the flapper for a quick fix, otherwise strip it and send it back and replace it with a new one, wich could be exactly the same!!!

I don't like those flapper valves, seen too many where the chain has rusted through. Rip it out and replace with a fluidmaster Pro 550.

Welcome to the forum by the way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

I would cut it to the right size and glue the...
Replies
Views
C
Hello My toilet flush is busted. The tank...
Replies
Views
Chris P
C
Thanks Shaun Much appreciated
Replies
Views
Apologies for leaving it so late to reply to...
Replies
Views
You may also find pushing the button sharply...
Replies
Views
Back