Help with HE24 ISAR Boiler | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Help with HE24 ISAR Boiler in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

bexii

Hello. I have a problem with our combi boiler. It's an HE24 ISAR Boiler that was installed through warmfront (or something or other). However, we can't get any hot water or heat. I think it might have something to do with the pressure gauge because it is not reading at 1, however, I have no idea how to re-pressurise it. The manual says about a filling flex loop but we have nothing like that! There aren't any switches to turn either. How can I re-pressurise this?

Also, we've gone past the warranty on it (sadly)

look for a silver braided hose close to the boiler or under it

I have that but it has never been connected to the boiler (currently holding it in my hand). How would I go about attaching this to the boiler?

can you post a picture of the underside of the boiler and pipework?

100_0155.jpg

do you see the two chrome valves with plastic caps? take the caps off and screw the flexi pipe onto those valves then undo the valves with a screwdriver until the pressure rises to around 1 then close the valves again so the slots are across the valves not in line. then remove the flexi again.

Yay! I've managed to up the pressure gauge to 1 and we now have hot water and heat.

Thanks for all the help, guys :)

Have a good xmas

Warmfront guys have such a bad name yet that pipework looks tidy to me.
When I worked for total trades in the north east, there were some very tidy plumbers. There were some that i wouldn't let in the house as well mind. I know of 1 taem who left a gas pipe under the stairs with the end folded over with no solder and they ran the downstairs rads directly from the boiler running on convection instead of through the y plan.

when you asked for help with an isar this is all i could come up with

Attachments

• swan vesta.jpg
    swan vesta.jpg
    2.4 KB · Views: 13
  • petrol can.jpg
    petrol can.jpg
    2.8 KB · Views: 13
Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

P
Tricky situation for you. Boiler shouldn't...
Replies
Views
Np Simon. Hoping to get the boiler engineer...
Replies
Views
Hey John, Sorry getting back to you so late...
Replies
Views
Worked a charm, thanks a lot Shaun!
Replies
Views
It's not impossible but I doubt that the...
Replies
Views
Back