Help with leaking toilet pipe | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Help with leaking toilet pipe in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
P

plumworld

Can anyone with identifying the issue with thisleak? The toilet inlet pipe is leakingfrom the metal bolt that attaches to the plastic part of the toilet (seephoto). I initially tried to tighten themetal nut but cracked the bottom entry ball valve plasticpipe. Anyway, I have now replaced theentry ball valve pipe but it is still leaking. Therefore the issue lies with the isolating valve.

Does these normally fail? Do theyhave an o ring inside or anything else that could fail? I look at the existing one but there did notappear to anything in it. Also, whattype of isolating valve is this one? Ilook at the 15mm one in B&Q but they seem to be smaller and do not reachthe plastic pipe.

Thanks for your replies in advance.

Attachments

• 20150505_160153[1].jpg
    20150505_160153[1].jpg
    92.1 KB · Views: 80
Its a service valve. Your issue was probably the fibre washer between the plastic and valve. Literally a five minute fix. Or was.

is it leaking from the little flat head screw in the middle of the valve?

Thanks for replying. It is not leaking from the screw. It is leaking from the top nut (see new pic). It leaks from both the top of the nut and bottom of the same nut.

Is the service valve the same as an isolating valve? What size do I need? Do I even need to change the piece at all?

Attachments

• 20150505_160148 Edited.jpg
    20150505_160148 Edited.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 74
Thank you to all for your help. I have got the washers and will fit one tomorrow. Will let you know if that solves the leak.

If not, you may have a small cross-thread as the plastic is easily damaged by the metal. Take care when refitting

The fibre washer seems to have sorted the leak - will check again later. Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

ah mb then
Replies
Views
That's the difference with a professional...
Replies
Views
If you are certain that it is there and not...
Replies
Views
For a temporary solution, you can get an all...
Replies
Views
There are some parts of plumbing which are...
Replies
Views
Back