Help with moving kitchen to new wall within a flat - can it be done? | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Help with moving kitchen to new wall within a flat - can it be done? in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

I live in a flat and wish to move the kitchen from one wall to another to make far better use of the space (essentially 90 degrees and up a bit - phot attached). Assuming of course that this is allowed within the lease, I was wondering if this sounds physically possible and a likely idea of the cost (are we talking hundreds or thousands).

A little more information if it helps:
  • there is no gas in the flat (electric only)
  • the existing kitchen is back to back with the bathroom
  • the wall I wish to move the kitchen too is a communal wall (back to back with the corridor)
  • I would like to have in island, potentially with the sink on the island rather than the wall - this location would be no more than 2.5m away from the existing sink location
  • I will be completely ripping out the kitchen and starting from fresh, including new flooring
Any help/advise would be so appreciated.

Thank you.

Flat.png

Most likely there is only a soil stack in the central core serving the existing toilets & kitchens, so the new kitchen drainage would need to be pumped over to this in 32/40mm plastic pipe run at high level.
Think of the noise & the loss of the kitchen if it breaks or there is a loss of power, if you can live with these then it is do-able but not recommended.

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
That's fine. The latter. The black one is...
Replies
Views
Thanks for the update
Replies
Views
  • Question
Dear ShaunCorbs, Merry Christmas to you and...
Replies
Views
Anyway, you can always increase the boiler...
Replies
Views
  • Suggestion
You will not have room behind an integrated...
Replies
Views
Back