Help with retrofitting aerator to Blanco kitchen Tap | UK Plumbers Forums | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Help with retrofitting aerator to Blanco kitchen Tap in the UK Plumbers Forums area at Plumbers Forums

Hello all hope you can help, I'm not a plumber so please excuse any incorrect terminology I use ha. I have a Blanco mixer kitchen tap that camp as a kit with a Blanco sink. The current Aerator? is just a standard plastic thread on piece and is the original one that came with the tap. The issue is when the tap is on any speed as soon as the water hits anything it splashes everywhere and your forever drying up the splashes. so contacted Blanco and they have supplied me with a new Aerator when delivers a bubble stream instead of the water free flowing to hopefully stop splashing.

The issue is fitting. It looks like the thread is the correct type however when removing the old aerator inside the tap spout it has a tube with a tube plastic piece. When offering up the new part the tube piece pushes up against it preventing me from threading it on and don't want to break anything. When contacting Blanco about it they said you have to remove the plastic tube piece for it to fit. but they were very vague. Has anyone changed the aerator on these Blanco taps and is it easy to remove this tube piece without breaking anything? also would it be easy to re fit back on if for any reason we have to put the original aerator back on?

Again sorry for the bad terminology but please refer to my included pictures to hopefully illustrate the setup I have and what I'm trying to achieve.

Many Thanks

Daniel

IMG_20201026_100933.jpg

IMG_20201026_103626_BURST001_COVER.jpg

IMG_20201118_122426.jpg

IMG_20201118_122457.jpg

IMG_20201118_122514.jpg

IMG_20201118_122526.jpg

IMG_20201118_122555.jpg

IMG_20201118_122605.jpg

IMG_20201118_123140.jpg

Similar plumbing topics

R
  • Question
There is no picture with your post but in my...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Firstly, I love seeing the world through other...
Replies
Views
N
vital picture!
Replies
Views
Nos4r2
N
  • Question
Wont be polyorc it will be black alkathene
Replies
Views
As a young man i installed a lot of one pipe...
Replies
Views
Back