Help with toilet | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Help with toilet in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

marsaday

I hope the pic of the toilet will load.

I have a different type of toilet which is leaking a bit - at the inlet valve at the side and on the syphon nut underneath the toilet.

I intend to swap the old internals of the toilet with new valve and inlet, so doing away with the overflow pipe.

So i hope this will solve my problems. However can you see where the soil stack is. It is quite a way away from the back wall, hence they have not used a close coupled toilet here i think. Is there any way i can use a CC toilet in the future. How would you change the arrangment of the soil stack. Can i get it to go further back to the wall by adding a bend further down and so bringing it the stack closer to the wall. I hope you know what i mean here.

Attachments

• Photo0576.jpg
    Photo0576.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 129
Also does anyone know what blanking plug i will need for the boss adapter in the soil pipe ?

If fitted a close coupled pan and cistern, I would cut the soil pipe back to just before the boss for the overflow. Use a 90 degree pan connector with and extension if required should get you close enough to the wall. Without measuring up its hard to say if cistern will go back to wall. You may need to use a bit off battery or box it out slightly. Hope this helps

At the connection further back regarding the 4" soil, is it a tee, or a elbow? If its push fit you could put a 30* (small bend fitting) to get the soil as close back to the wall then as mentioned put a 90* bent pan connector on your new close cuppled wc

i would use a swan neck soil fitting. as said cut the soil off before the boss and use an extension.

Good point Steveb swan neck maybe a better option then the 90 degree bent would need to measure and check.

I recently fitted one of these, and it has a build in overflow and works well enough:-

Opella Dual Flush Siphon | NoLinkingToThis

When I saw the same siphon in B&Q for nearly three times the price, I thought: "Now that's the wonder of modern marketing!"

[DLMURL="http://www.diy.com/nav/fix/plumbing/plumbing-supplies/toilet_fittings/-specificproducttype-valves/Opella-203mm-Dual-Flush-Siphon-11477980"]Opella 203mm Dual Flush Siphon, 5011629012584[/DLMURL]

Bearing in mind that both stores are owned by the same parent company, and that you don't have to serve yourself in Screwfix, I reckon Screwfix won the day on that particular purchase.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yeah u want the appropriate blanking plug (same same)

If the elbow and turn, you can get a 30* or a small offset in the elbow to put all the 4" to the back wall
:)

Not meaning to be rude, but having that soil pipe on open display is horrible. Don't bother with a blanking plug, cut the pipe off before it and use a flexible pan connector that will extend to reach the pipe.

FloPlast SP106 Flexible Connector | NoLinkingToThis

You wanna box that soil pipe in and get some nice copper on that cold feed instead of the mixture of hep2o and speedfit :)

:iagree: try and tidy up with boxing and some nice pipe to wc, which way do the joists go?

but also be aware that the newer toilet might have a lower waste outlet, which could mean changing the whole run of soil pipe

If you are going to fit a close coupled pan, is it possible to move the toilet next/ nearer to the soil pipe so that you can do away with that long expanse of grey pipe?

i cant move it to where the soil pipe goes out the wall as head height is a problem (sloping roof). I dont think i can actually use a close couple toilet as well because it will be too close to the wall and the roof drops away. i will just renovate the toilet cistern and stop the leaks etc.

If you need a new low level cistern that is cheap, Wickes do them. Otherwise, it would be easier just to put in a new syphon, fill valve and finish it with a shiny new handle.

If you want white sanitary ware to come up looking like new (acrylic and metal baths too) use T Cut. It works a treat and many bathroom showrooms use this.

Not meaning to be rude, but having that soil pipe on open display is horrible. Don't bother with a blanking plug, cut the pipe off before it and use a flexible pan connector that will extend to reach the pipe.

FloPlast SP106 Flexible Connector | NoLinkingToThis

Just what I thought, and the fact it is in the middle of the floor is shocking. Thats a butcher who done that!!

I think its a good feature to the bathroom, i think you call that feature erm..... Eu Du NatuRel .... Its actually quite common to see... ;)

Why don't you leave the toilet were it is if the angle of the roof is a problem and build a nice boxing in behind the toilet so that a c/c toilet would fit without cutting pipe work. Then all you would need is a blanking plate for the overflow. Then at the same time you could box in the waste and make a step up shelf for a moveable towel rack or storage for rubber ducks ETC.!

Surley you must be getting smells from where the overflow connects straight into the soil branch.

7268d1343380256-help-toilet-photo0576.jpg

Or you could leave the cistern there replace the flush handle for an extended one and just replace the pan for a back to wall one. And box the lot in. You would gain storage along the top of the toilet and lose the grey waste in the process!

Cut the pipe to the right as it enters the branch or fitting coming through the wall (or go into the coomb and turn the branch and fit a 45 off it).
Use 2 x 45º bends inserted together to take you back to the wall.
Get your close coupled pan and a bent pan connector.
You will have enough 4" pipe left to cut the boss adaptor off and insert the pan connector into the pipe.
Put a clip or 2 on the 4"
Box the pipe in to make it easy on the eyes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

S
Hello Have you decided to move your toilet...
Replies
Views
Yes it’s doable but I suspect it wouldn’t be...
Replies
Views
Would cap both off separately cut just below...
Replies
Views
It is an 'all in one' toilet with a macerator...
Replies
Views
That's brilliant mate, thank you. I didn't see...
Replies
Views
Back