Help with worcester 28i junior boiler | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Help with worcester 28i junior boiler in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

ken b

Hi new to the forum and have been well impressed with what I have seen so far
Worcester 28i junior boiler

have a couple of problems with this boiler.
1. Keeps losing pressure, repressurise and within 24 hrs the pressure drops to virtually zero, have checked for leaks none found anybody any ideas?
2. The timer has decided not to work, will not come on using the timer, works when you switch to constant, anybody any ideas?

thanks in advance

have you got warter coming out the prv?thats the pipe outside.chances are the timer has just packed in try turnig off and on again at main switch it might reset

have you got warter coming out the prv?thats the pipe outside.chances are the timer has just packed in try turnig off and on again at main switch it might reset

only a few drips, have tried disconnecting the mains and reconnecting but no success:stooge_curly:

you could have a deflated expansion. Shouldn't cost much to get someone qualified in.

not being in the trade whats the obvious answer and how much to sort out deflated expansion

cheers ken

As long as its the only issue Ken you're looking at 1hr max. However when this fault occurs it usually takes out the relief valve (pipe dripping outside) Put your details up on here and you can PM any one interested and check them out before you give them the go-ahead :)

As DuncanM mentions it maybe something else entirely. If that something else is the main heat exchanger then you're looking at big bucks to repair...!!! Pay for someone to take a look and pray it's something simple is my advice :)

Start a thread here [DLMURL="http://www.ukplumbersforums.co.uk/im-looking-plumber-gas-engineer/"]I'm looking for a Plumber or Gas Engineer[/DLMURL]

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Ok great...really hoping it wasn't a leak.
Replies
Views
M
  • Question
Are you sure it’s the fan? Is the preheat on...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Thanks for the reply, I’ll try your...
Replies
Views
If you have the right temperature rise for the...
Replies
Views
W
pcb issue so gas safe engy required sorry to say
Replies
Views
Back