Help! Wrong flush button fitted to toilet cistern | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Help! Wrong flush button fitted to toilet cistern in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Meadowlark

I moved into a newbuild just over a year ago and the toilets have a small Grohe flush button operating an Ideal Standard cistern. The plumbers have already replaced the button twice in the downstairs cloakroom and say it needs a compatible Ideal Standard button to work the pneumatic system properly.

Trouble is the suggested Ideal Standard double flush button is huge (25cmx15cm) and will have to be situated directly on the tiles behind the toilet. This means replacing two and cutting four large tiles, plus redesigning the housing and trim consealing the cistern.

Is there not a small flush button on the market that could operate an Ideal Standard cistern?

My first post, but any suggestions would be grateful.

is it all tiled in? could change valve, but depends if you can get at it!!
speak to ideal standard about this, they may even send you one for free

You can get get variouse pnuematic buttons google em or like jase 158 says ideal might send you a freebee.

Yes, it's all tiled with a removable cut-out top that's siliconed. As far as I know, the button just pushes the air down two blue tubes to trigger the flush pneumatically. The trouble seems to be that the Grohe button seems to give up after six months of regular use.

I'd have thought if you have a grohe button the syphon will be grohe as well, Your right that they all work like that try fleabay im sure you could find some sort of universall button.

I would take it out and replace if it was my house, these things always go wrong, hard to get parts for and hard to Maintain.

Take off tiles from top, replace with removable wood. replace cistern. simples (not easy and may cost a bit but best long term option IMHO)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

C
Lusso is a load of Rubbish. There customer...
Replies
Views
  • Question
You might check whether the flush button is...
Replies
Views
S
Hi, It may be coincidence but not long after...
Replies
Views
SaintSinner
S
Are they all designed to fit a standard...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Thanks Basher. Think I will just try a smaller...
Replies
Views
Back