Hep pipe changed? ----- | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Hep pipe changed? ----- in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Scott_D

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
has hep pipe changed?
Got s length and the writing is black not red/pink
Also there is no visible barrier layer?

Yes, but it does say on the pipe suitable for h&c and central heating

I still wouldn’t use it for heating systems. I had to remove some non barrier pipe (fitted by builders plumbers I think) that had blocked solid over entire length of pipe, which has to be something to do with air ingress of the pipe

Yes, but it does say on the pipe suitable for h&c and central heating

Define 'suitable'. The fact that it will 'work' is beyond dispute.

However, whether it is 'best' for the system, when it is 'designed' to allow the ingress of THE central heating killer substance - oxygen, is another question entirely.

Of course that was both a rhetorical & moot question. It can never be described as 'best' because it actively encourages system decay. The 'best' materials would add to system performance at best or not detract at worst. Ergo, MCLP or copper...

Is it MLCP ? Memory is rubbish !!

Last edited by a moderator:

Similar plumbing topics

Hi @Jim Goodenough I do have some yes , I did...
Replies
Views
  • Question
That’s a good solution. But at £150 compared...
Replies
Views
Hi all, Pipe moved...Temporarily fed back...
Replies
Views
S
hi! I'll try to upload a picture but the pipe...
Replies
Views
Sonya K
S
Thank you for the replies. I had another...
Replies
Views
Back