Hep20 Pipework and Osma Gold fitting | Gaining Plumbing Experience | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Hep20 Pipework and Osma Gold fitting in the Gaining Plumbing Experience area at Plumbers Forums

M

Mopane

Hi, a continuation of my replacement shower planning...

I have plastic Hep20 Barrier pipe leading down to my existing shower unit. There is an Osma Gold elbow fitting that brings the existing (very short) copper pipes out of the wall. I will need to replace these tails with some longer copper pipes for the Bar Valve Installation kit I need to use for the new shower.

My understanding is that I will need to cut the Osma Gold (I don't have the special spanner needed to loosen these, and understand they cannot be reused anyway) fitting from the Hep20 pipe and fit new elbow connectors onto this, and the new copper tails out the other side.

So my question is, what pipe inserts can I use for the Hep20 tubing, ideally ones that I can buy in small volumes locally. And should I use compression fittings rather than push fit (I think the latter is a controversial subject)? I have an unvented mains pressure hot and cold water system, if this makes a difference.

Thanks in advance.

Similar plumbing topics

If the coupling fits, then no need for what I...
Replies
Views
Ok I think I see what your saying mate, So...
Replies
Views
System boilers have a pressurised heating...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Thanks all! I've bought some circlip pliers to...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Thank you ! How about a 15mm to 1/2 coupler as...
Replies
Views
Back