Hepvo valve - will it work? | Gaining Plumbing Experience | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Hepvo valve - will it work? in the Gaining Plumbing Experience area at Plumbers Forums

K

kkelly77

I was having a problem with a foul odor coming from the 40mm waste pipe the washing machine is connected to. There is no P trap in place. Just a vertical run of about 200mm and then an angle to run horizontally into the main waste pipe.

I picked up a Hepvo and connected it straight onto the pipe (i.e. vertically). The problem is the waste pipe is located just in behind one of the kitchen presses and I can't fully hand tighten the Hepvo compression connector. It's snug but due to the oil on the compression connector diaphragm, it can slide up and down.

Will this suffice, as I have the washing machine outlet pipe inserted as far as it can go? Cheers.

K

I would have just fitted an appliance trap, cheaper than a hepvo.

images

have you enough space to put a bit of pipe at the top without moving the hepvo down?

Don't think so. Even if there was it's impossible to get in to tighten the compression connectors enough. Might have to go with a standard trap and adhesive sealant for the joints.

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
You need a mcalpine V33WM, the site won't let...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hello. This is my first ever post asking for...
Replies
Views
Thanks mate for the reply. Unfortunately the...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Will do, I shall try that. Thank you for your...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Little update. In the end i just extended the...
Replies
Views
Back