high analyser readings on greenstar | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss high analyser readings on greenstar in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

mutley racers

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
Went to do a service today on above boiler. Ration was 0.0021 and ppm was 222. Co2 was at 10.3 which is within the limits stated. This is AR then hey?

It also had a burst expansion vessel and is under warranty so turned boiler off and told them to call Manufacturers in to fix.

Yes, all other limits were ok. I thought i was told if ratio is out (not according to mi's)it was at risk?

If it is out adjust it back in. It is quicker than writing out a bit paper. They drift out a bit over time.
10.3 is ok on a greenstar (9.8 + or - 0.5).

Wow u actually pay attention to the numbers I just bang it in sample port, if the 300 ppm warning don't go off I'm back on silver and off to my next 59.99 service.

the co2 is what you want to watch on WB's tbh.

the manufacturer's engineer will probably test gas pressures and fga readings when he/she attends anyway.

Greenstar, on service mode low 9.2 High 9.8 +/-2 %

max co 200ppm, a little adjustment normally reqd after a couple of years.

In the past, silly readings have been faulty meter governor.

did you put it on engineers mode and gas rate it
also whats the flue like

Tweak the co2 down to 9.8 and the ppm will drop accordingly I bet...

Same ..I would have adjusted high & low which probably would have brought ppm down

Check the fan pressure through the boiler, that will tell you if its clagged up and causing poor combustion.

Thanks chaps. Next time I will adjust the valve to getter better readings. To be honest, I would have called WB up but as they were coming out the next morning due to burst expansion vessel I thought I would let them do it. Whe I was on the baxi course I learnt that if a vessel has burst and you cannot get hokd of obe, then just empty half a rad with lock shields on until you can come back. Do you guys do this? Or just tell custard not to use it

Went to do a service today on above boiler. Ration was 0.0021 and ppm was 222. Co2 was at 10.3 which is within the limits stated. This is AR then hey?

It also had a burst expansion vessel and is under warranty so turned boiler off and told them to call Manufacturers in to fix.

had very similar yesterday on 28 junior ratio 0.0021 / co2 9.9% / but ppm was 209 Worcester state 200ppm max . flue ok and did flue integrity check on air and was ok and heat exchanger flow was good .

Which greenstar would help? Also did you check low and high? Also in test mode or results don't mean a thing!

Also guys don't get hung up on 200ppm on WB they have just upped this to 250ppm on cdi and Si compacts, due to non adjusting gas valve, this is on a flyer as main MI's ain't caught up yet

Which greenstar would help? Also did you check low and high? Also in test mode or results don't mean a thing!

Also guys don't get hung up on 200ppm on WB they have just upped this to 250ppm on cdi and Si compacts, due to non adjusting gas valve, this is on a flyer as main MI's ain't caught up yet

greenstar 281 junior about 4 years old .ratio did not worry me just the ppm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Hello All- (Usual caveats apply: I am the...
Replies
Views
If anyone wants that door opened...
Replies
Views
Dotty
D
A
Cheers RPM.
Replies
Views
Dotty
D
F
Replies
Views
Well done subby. It will be the first of many...
Replies
Views
Back