High CO Readings on Baxi Combi 105 HE | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss High CO Readings on Baxi Combi 105 HE in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

Johnnyboy1

Hi, Can anyone help?

During a landlords inspection carrying out a Flue Gas Analysis I found exceptionally high CO readings, more than 750 PPM. Readings are satisfactory with combustion case removed or if appliance is on minimum output ie. with gas valve solenoid wire removed.

Gas rate and burner pressure ok. Cleaned out burner and primary heat exchanger. Have checked flue, appears to be clear. Air intake has no POC. contamination with appliance running. Have replaced secondary heat exchanger/condensing unit and associated seals.

Am Now cosidering changing fan in case running slow or POC's leaking up air impellor shaft and back into case instead of going out of the flue.

Starting to run out of ideas. If anyone has any ideas or has come across this problem before i would be grateful to hear from them.

Thanks, I will go back through and have a closer inspection of flue...Flue is less than 1 meter long so no actual joints to speak of...I had the same problem last year and ended up handing job to Heatteam and they said they replaced the secondary heat exchanger/condensing unit which worked....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Less than 350ppm is acceptable according to...
Replies
Views
Have you cleaned the heat ex?
Replies
Views
The housing association I work for only get...
Replies
Views
Thanks Chuck for the quick response I...
Replies
Views
I must say it’s a new one on me, we’ve been...
Replies
Views
Aquarius
A
Back