High Flow Double Check Valves | UK Plumbers Forums | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss High Flow Double Check Valves in the UK Plumbers Forums area at Plumbers Forums

Marc Bowers

Gas Engineer
Hi all, I’ve a customer with a failed double check valve on a water softener, it’s 22mm compression but with a far larger bore than the usual DCV’s you see online. Anyone know if they are called something different or where I can get one? I’ve even been on the water softener website and they don’t seem to sell them. Ta.

You sure it’s not a 28mm dcv threaded end eg 1”-22mm male irons

That’s what I normally do

Another option is a swing check valve have to be installed horizontally tho

Is it the attached per chance?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20221011_222602_com.android.chrome_edit_930449890086666.jpg
    Screenshot_20221011_222602_com.android.chrome_edit_930449890086666.jpg
    114.5 KB · Views: 33
Dear Marc, how did you identify the failed double check valve on a water softener? The inlet to our Harvey's softener has been making a clunking noise intermittently for 5 days now. Could it be the same problem as yours? Thanks so much for reply Sara
My problem was flow rate. A clunking noise is usually water hammer and can have a number of sources (not necessarily in the area of the noise)

Similar plumbing topics

R
  • Question
I just had installed a Navien NPE-2 with built...
Replies
Views
Rogelio
R
  • Question
I would of clipped the pipework but it is...
Replies
Views
  • Question
After some consideration 15mm plastic with...
Replies
Views
  • Question
👍
Replies
Views
  • Question
I will change them - but I don’t think that’s...
Replies
Views
Back